There's not much to report from last week. Things podded on, as they do.
Five things we did
1. instead of nipping to the shop for Friday night treats we saved our cash by having had some chocolates left over from Christmas and making some spiced almonds instead
2. we swapped some plants with my parents
3. I didn't buy a couple of things I was tempted by at the charity shop, and I didn't buy a magazine when I foolishly did some window shopping at WH Smith.
4. we managed to find three Christmas stamps to use on the cards for Mothering Sunday rather than buy some from the post office.
5. I picked up the binding for my pink quilt for 22p a metre
I can't remember if I said lat week or not that I received a £5 voucher from Booths, so we used that when we went shopping last Thursday, always useful. But that's about it, a quiet week all round really.
This week will probably be more expensive. Dan has a week off starting on Thursday. The first thing we're doing is going to Sale to see Jon Ronson on Thursday night (a belated birthday present for me). On Saturday we're having our big day out to Coventry Cathedral *yay* then next Wednesday we're going to Manchester for a talk by Michael Crick. The talk is about what it's like to be a journalist covering a big political campaign, so that should be fun.