Friday, 13 March 2015

From My Seat

I'm cleaning today, and cleaning means having a sit down for a cup of tea as much as actual cleaning. It will become clear that I'm not yet finished. Firstly the bit of the room I rarely show, we had the rabbit pen made for this room so it could tuck in to the side of the stairs, it's 8ft x 4 ft x 2 1/2 ft, so it takes up a bit of space. It is handy for stashing stuff when cleaning is in progress though, I've cleaned the little magazine rack/table with good old cream cleaner, worked a treat. The tunnel is for the rabbits, not for us to play in.


Looking the other way, next to me is my quilting basket. That's about as tidy as it gets.


The other end of the room with the fireplace. Today I have cleaned the slate, removed and cleaned the logs (yes, they're just for show at the moment!), I don't think I've stacked them as nicely as Dan does though. The picture was a birthday gift from Dan, bought from Mostyn in Llandudno at the start of the year. The Victor Pasmore postcard was from an exhibition Dan went to when he was working in Newcastle the other week (I was very jealous). I've mentioned before that our amazing fried Em carried the radio in her hand luggage all the way from Germany when she came to visit, her father refurbished it for us.


In front of me, in the gloom is the chair that always looks wonky and the kitchen cabinet I bought last year, the thought of decoupage still makes me shudder, but it does great work as a tv unit, the doors are never closed properly. Also note dirty cleaning cloths on the table to prove I have been working! 


Over my shoulder, my favourite part of the room, I love the stairs. Just visible is tray with all my teeny leeks, this is the only window sill in the whole house big enough to put anything on, luckily it gets sun for most of the day. 


That's about it, better get back to work. 

Linking up with Mum today as I have nicked her idea for a post.

8 comments:

  1. All shining bright - job well done. Now you can sit down with another cup of tea. My apologies for not commenting for a while - you seem to have dropped off my list. It will be remedied.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mum, good to see you here. Tea is never in short supply!

      Delete
  2. OOOH I love noseying round people's house blog posts! Yours is so cool! LOVING the bunny palace!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! I love seeing house posts too. I'll be sure to provide a tour of the other rooms too at some point.

      Delete
  3. I agree that both tea and biscuits are integral to cleaning.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing around your room. Love that you have your bunnie pen built under stairs.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Having something made to fit the space was the cheapest option as well as the best fit.

      Delete