Friday, 20 February 2015

Plodding and Not Plodding

I like to talk about my day to day, because this is all about the amount of times my friends have asked me "but what do you do all day?" I've noticed I talked a lot about plodding on and how things are just taking care of themselves. But things don't have to just take care of themselves and my life doesn't just plod on, they may be slow and relaxed, but lots of things are still deliberate. 

I know I've spoken recently about when my house was a mess and that the stuff I hoarded was all about memories and remembering all the details. I think that's why I don't post too many photographs and I don't really talk too much about our big days out. I think it's because it's important for me not to fixate on them and that it's OK for someone else to jog my memory, rather than hang on to everything all the time. So the junk drawer can be important here, because I wouldn't talk about it out there. Here is different to out there in the real world. If I spoke about all this stuff there then I wouldn't need to be here would I?

So what has the normality brought about this week? 


I cooked and ate something new, a butterbean goulash-type thing. We bought this paste before Christmas and I thought I'd better try it out. Yummy, but I used a little too much of the paste so it was hot hot hot!

I tried something old




An exercise DVD from years and years ago. I've done it three times this week and I can tell the difference already. I do look a bit less flabby and this morning I didn't have to flop out on the floor at the end!

Spurred on by this post I remembered I received this as a gift




Now we have an activity for Saturday afternoon and I won't have to buy any soap for the rest of the year with a bit of luck. 

Finally, previous ploddy days have brought about this



A daff I can't even remember planting! Yes, raking is also on the list for the weekend. That afternoon some time last year is paying off as we have leaves and flowers poking their little heads out all over the place. So I suppose the things I don't notice the benefits of now are things that can be a reward in the future. 

12 comments:

  1. Isn't it great to see a few daffodils again? The bright days in the middle of this week have reminded us that Spring is finally getting closer. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colour is returning which is a wonderful boost. We had some beautiful days midweek didn't we, much appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Our lives run slowly here and that's exactly how we like it. I move at my own pace doing exactly what I want to do. Who could ask for more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. Time is an amazing luxury.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Very true, I don't think I would like to return to a hectic life.

      Delete
  4. Happy Daff! So nice to see that. Oooh, I look forward to seeing your soap. My Mum got someone to make me 10 handmade daisy soaps for Christmas 2 years ago and I haven't even finished the previous soap I was on then, so it may be a while...
    I love plodding. I've spent the last 3 days doing that and enjoyed it thoroughly after all the exertionof the previous days. Sadly, I do not want to go back to school.
    Take care x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine, you just relax into a lovely pace then it's time to go back to work!

      There will be a soap update soon hopefully.

      Delete
  5. I think the day to day stuff is fascinating, it's what makes blog reading interesting. That paste looks interesting, what is it? Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the day to day stuff to. Seeing holiday snaps are nice but I like seeing inside wardrobes, yellow sticker bargains and loads of just being alive.

      The paste is a hot paprika paste to use as as base for "preparation and decoration of Hungarian dishes" according to the tube. There's also a sweet paprika version for less spicy dishes. It's hot and sweet paprika, tomato puree and the usual herbs and seasonings. Very nice indeed.

      Delete
  6. Have you thought about knitting/crocheting wool (all wool) jackets for some of your soap, then you use it as a scrub and the wool will felt? I have so much lovely soap I've bought from craft fairs and other sites, it's lovely and I even use it to wash my face with never bother with cleaners etc. It doesn't dry your skin and I don't think I'm that wrinkled, despite my ancient status.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of that, what a great idea, thank you.

      Delete