Thursday, 5 February 2015

Bits

the coffee table

I've trained myself to be fairly tidy, or at least I am used to tidying up. However I am not very good with "bits", sometimes I need Dan's help to sort out those little bits and bobs that mount up. 


The to-do pile

The above photograph i a prime example of something I've spoken about before. Other than the onion sets, everything here is a gift - glittery stickers for my Converse, a birthday card (yes, I know my birthday was a month ago), chillies and a tin full of seeds, most of which I did not buy or ask for. I'm not saying they're not useful, in the main they're really useful, but they came into the house without me asking. 

The put away pile

This stuff has been waiting to find a home since my birthday or even since Christmas, I think it's time. 

8 comments:

  1. It is such a same when you are decluttering and then you are given things which you really do not want. Most of our family know I am not a hoarder, so often I am asked before monies are spent. I am a very tidy person (as is hubby), often I now see things in shops which I like, but not bother to buy, just to own it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried for years to speak to my family about the gift situation to no avail, so now I just deal with things as best I can. Thankfully Father seems to have taken over some of the selection which is why there is so much gardening stuff!

      Delete
  2. I'm useless with bits - I just throw stuff like this away and drive Alan mad.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those coloured natural twig pencils! I am constantly trying to get rid of stuff but it's difficult to decide what to get rid of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pencils are fab aren't they, it's actually a whole crayon inside, we spoke to the maker when I bought them.

      It can be difficult to decide what to get rid of. When I did the big sort out of my house I decided it was a bit like peeling the layers of an onion, some its are obviously to be discarded, then it's just a matter of dealing with things as they surface.

      Delete
  4. Oh goodness, I just don't know how to sort my stuff!!

    ReplyDelete