Monday, 26 January 2015

Sorting Without Moving

I'm still not well, but I am better. In between naps I've been sorting a few things out and that makes me happy. 

When we had a sort out the other week I ended up with a few empty boxes and other storage. I've used a tin to store all the packets of seeds and have written a planting list, otherwise they'd continue to be strewn around the house and garage and never see the light of day. I forgot to plant the onions, so that's a thing, but never mind, I'm still in time for everything else. 

I've faced up to something I've been needing to deal with for months.  I'd always wanted one of those cantilever sewing boxes, so when one came into the shop ages ago I was made up. The thing is, however lovely I find it, it's just not useful to me, so with a heavy heart I'm donating it tomorrow. I think I'd have to be far tidier and more organised than I actually am to use a sewing box like that. 

Today I have to face the fridge. I haven't opened the fridge for about 10 days and I know there's veg inside, I dread to think how bad it might be. I'm still at the point where I can't imagine wanting to eat a meal ever again so the idea of doing anything with the wrinkled/mushy stuff within makes me feel queasy, but it must be done. 

Being ill has lead to an interesting month for me. There's still over £50 of the grocery budget left, I've only done 10 loads of laundry since Christmas and Dry January has been a breeze.. I've had plenty of chance to think about our 25% pay cut and write all the associated lists. The month has been a bit of a blur, I'm glad I became ill after my birthday as I had such a great day out, but I can't say the past 10 days of feeling terrible has been all bad, I just want to be less tired now and get out and about in the fresh air. It will happen, I welcome February when the year will wake up. 

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad to read that you're starting to feel better. It's been a difficult start to 2015 for you. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've discovered I'm not very good at being ill :)

      Delete
  2. We opened our fridge to find mouldy veg and out of date yoghurt. Blegh.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuck! Amazingly everything in the fridge was fine, I must have stored everything properly for a change!

      Delete
  3. Hope you soon feel much better.

    ReplyDelete