Thursday, 15 January 2015

Charity Shop Treats

our beautiful winter garden

Last year, other than lawn mowing and heavy digging (which I like doing, so wasn't all that happy to have to share) I did most of the gardening As part of the new budget situation Dan has agreed/suggested it would be a good idea for him to be more involved this year. As you can see, I need all the help I can get!

He told me he needs direction. So far he has watched two episodes of the allotment programme on BBC2, and looked at a magazine. The magazine (from June) was interesting but not all that useful in January, so when I said I thought we had some at the shop, it was decided that I'd buy them. So I did, 7 copies of various gardening magazines for £2, not bargain basement price but not too bad. 

There's lots of to be done, but it's far too windy today so I'll have a cup of tea and think about things instead. 

I received some cash gifts for my birthday, so I had in mind that I'd buy some kind of keepsake. I was doing a bit of dusting when I saw a nice silver bracelet in one of the accessories cabinets, so I parted with £4.95 and brought it home. 


Most bracelets fall off my wrists as my wrists and hands are pretty small, but this one is tiny, so fits me nicely. I'm very happy with it, Dan likes it too and I have something that I can wear every day and say it was my 40th birthday item when anyone asks. 

12 comments:

  1. A pretty bracelet that can by worn all the time is a lovely way to remember your birthday. I've got loads of costume stuff that has accumulated over the years, but my 'daily' bracelet is a silver bangle that my Grandmother bought me years ago. It just jumps off the dressing table every morning! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Like you I have lots of costume stuff but I wanted something "nice" that is the easy choice, day or night.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty and delicate. It's too cold and windy to go out in the garden just yet.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yes, I have just watched everything blowing about outside!

      Delete
  3. A very pretty bracelet :). Are you going to grow flowers or veggies in your garden? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.

      Last year we dug a small veg patch at the front of the lawn, so we'll be attempting to grow something in there again this year. Our main focus is to tidy the jumble of plants at the back of the garden and find something to underplant the treey-shrubby things.

      Delete
  4. That bracelet is really attractive and how good it fits your wrist-I have tiny wrists too so a similar problem! Nice to meet you and thanks for following me- just about to follow you back!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for nipping in, I'm working my way through your posts :)

      Delete
  5. I love the bracelet. I have similar problem with small wrists too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think this was one occasion having small wrists worked to my benefit, I'm sure it would have been snapped up, but it was too small for lots of people.

      Delete