Saturday, 10 January 2015

Changes

Our lovely bubble was popped the other day when we went to Next. I don't really have anything against next, I love their leggings and their sizes are generous so I always feel extra trim wearing their clothes! However, we don't go there very often, so it wasn't a very fun experience when we went to get rid of the gift voucher we received for Christmas. Still, it's gone now and Dan and I have kissed and made up. 

The holiday and my birthday celebrations are officially over. Last night we went to the cinema to see Foxcatcher. I was really interested to see Steve Carell's transformation. I really enjoyed it - well I don't know if enjoyed is the right word, although throughout I just kept wondering how they'd made Channing Tatum look like Wayne Rooney!

Anyway, enough of that. The menu plan is out of the window and may stay that way for a while. We had some dhal at Cross Lanes on Thursday and I was inspired by the way it was served. So I'm moving away from one main focus to a meal, instead going for more little things. Not explained that very well, but it means that we will probably have perpetual leftovers and everything will be mix and match. Dan has started the ball rolling by filling the salad dishes. I've been looking at my remaining recipes anew and we've treated ourselves to a couple of things we've never bought before - mung beans (for the dhal, to give us a break from red lentils) and some greenwheat Freekeh which is toasted wheat grains (I learned that from reading the box). Less than £2 outlay for the two things but they're an exciting addition to the pantry.

The decluttering has continued today and again most of the stuff on the way out are things we didn't buy for ourselves. We've moved some furniture around too, everywhere seems fresh and I'm not as grumpy. 

4 comments:

  1. If you google : vegan bowls, you will find lots of 'recipes' for this type of meal. I love it as every meal is different. I haven't tried Freekeh so let us know what you think xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fantastic, thank you so much. I will be sure to provide a review of the freekeh when we try it.

      Delete
  2. We're going to see Foxcatcher next weekend.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it, let us know what you think.

      Delete