Thursday, 4 December 2014

Ultra Normal

It's been an odd 24 hours!

Firstly Dan is on a course so he stayed elsewhere last night, that's the first time we've spent a night apart since 2001. It was strange, although I did enjoy big bed. 

I was entrusted with finding outfits to adorn the side window at the charity shop yesterday. This is due to an incident at our charity shop Christmas meal on Friday where the usual window dresser was injured. Say no more about that. All I had to do was find outfits for three dummies, a couple of pairs of shoes and a bag. I took over an hour. It was so stressful! I was very happy when someone wanted to try something on I'd put in there though. The deputy manager made no comment about my handiwork so I doubt I'll be asked to do it again. Ha! 

This morning I jaunted off to the town to the little market for some v-pud, to see what was what and to look for some toys for the charity collection. On the way home I started to get a weird feeling that I'd forgotten something important. I'd forgotten to get my hair cut. Pretty good going as I've done nothing but complain about my hair for the last ten days. Amazingly my fantastic hairdresser had one appointment left before Christmas, so I'm going to be dealt with tomorrow. Phew. 

I also went to the Post Office. I know that's not a big deal to anyone, but I always fall over my words and panic when I have to do anything like that. When I'm working at the shop I have no problem speaking with people, it's just something a bit strange about me. Anyway, I posted my trees, had a chat with the man behind the counter and paid without falling over my words or otherwise creating chaos. All I need to do now is speak on the phone and I'll be flying.

4 comments:

  1. I hate being apart from my partner too - hope you and Dan are reunited today.

    Lizzie's Daily Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After a series of train delays he arrived home last night, thanks.

      Delete
  2. I hate answering the phone and speaking on the phone. I have to rehearse my words at the Post Office and bank so I sympathise with you completely.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mum. I rehearsed my words on the way to the Post Office too. I'm relieved to hear I'm not the only one.

      Delete