Wednesday, 31 December 2014

Nearly There



The box claimed it would take 15 minutes to put the light together. It took a fair while longer than that but there was no shouting or steam coming out of the ears so not too bad at all. It's done, we like it and I've already taken the old shade to the charity shop. Getting closer. 

I knew there was something else we'd not spent money on yesterday, bird food. Other than the two coconut feeders hanging in the bushes I'd run out of stuff for the ground birds. Dan's Mum bought me a bag of dried fruit and nuts, but it was full of those red skinned peanuts, I can't stand them so I've been chucking them outside instead, along with a bit of fruit. It's all going so something is eating it. 

The car came back from the service needing a new tyre, so we went to town for that this morning. When we bought the car it had Pirelli tyres, it has not had fancy things like that for many years! Dropping down to the cheaper brand has saved us lots of money over the years. 

Yesterday on the way to the shop another button fell off my coat. I've had the coat for a fair few years now, it was £1 from the charity shop, it's a lovely old blue and green wool coat and I love it. We went to Bizzie Fingers in St Anne's today and I bought some new ones, I'll sew them on tomorrow. Since 2008 one button has been replaced by a gymastics badge so it'll be nice to be able to fasten it properly! I was extra happy to find a couple of pieces of my favourite fabric in there too, with 20% off, there may be enough to finish the big blue quilt so I'm delighted. 

Dan received a Chromecast for Christmas so he's been enjoying watching lots of TED talks, so he'll be doing that this afternoon when I'm at the shop. Then it's home to cobble together a Thai-style curry, we have a couple of mushrooms, onions, broccoli (don't tell the rabbits we're stealing it), frozen peas and sweetcorn and some nuts. I was tempted to buy some more fancy veg, but this will do the trick. It will also give Dan a chance to practice using chopsticks, I bought him some trainee sticks for Christmas so that should be fun. 

Whatever you're doing tonight I hope you get some enjoyment from it. All the best, and thank you for reading, supporting, helping and inspiring me throughout the year. 

12 comments:

  1. Wow - what a fantastic light shade; I'm very impressed with your assembly skills and the sound of your Thai curry is making my mouth water! Best wishes for 2015. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fab isn't it, I love it! Thanks for dropping by, best wishes to you.

      Delete
  2. We're planning to have a takeaway and watch DVDs. Here's to 2015.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had an good night, happy new year!

      Delete
  3. Best wishes to you and yours for the coming year.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lamp shade looks really lovely and well worth the time it took I'm sure. Hope you have a lovely New Year and a fabulous 2015 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, all the best to you for the year.

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year to you and Dan plus bunnies. Hope 2015 is full of happiness for you both.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete