Friday, 19 December 2014

Comfort and Joy

Another dark, wet, breezy day. Not a day to take photographs indoors. But as I promised to reveal my festive craft project, here we are. 


grey and grainy tree plus sofa (for Lizzie)

I made a tree! It's a large version of the wonky, scrappy trees I made a few weeks ago. It has been a ton of fun making it. It's silly, it's squidy and it has many many bells on, what more could we want?

in progress, yesterday

I have been knocked sideways by a pretty bad cold this week. It started on Wednesday and has got worse, today I am feeling pretty sorry for myself, so although the tree is unfinished, that is how it will have to stay. The thought of raising my arms to add even one more bell is not an appealing one (although I'm still able to make bell-based puns apparently). 

shiny detail

It's not been a great week, health-wise, work-wise (particularly for Dan), and especially not in the wider world, so I am happy for some very tiny things. I am exceptionally happy to have raised a bit of cheer with my Christmas jumper at the shop this week, to the extent that a customer found a card at her church with a picture of the same jumper so she brought one in for me, how lovely. I am very pleased that I did some cooking for the freezer. WE have enough meals in there for nearly a fortnight. Hopefully I won't feel bad for that long, but if I do, at least I won't have to chop!

I'm sure I'll be around next week, as I don't finish for Christmas today. All my friends finish work tonight, but I still have two days. I didn't sign up for that as a housewife. Ha! Fingers crossed for me that I don't have to dress up as a certain rather popular Disney character at the shop next week. Don't worry, I'll get some pictures should it happen. If you're not around next week then best wishes to you all, hope to see you soon. 


10 comments:

  1. Oh wow - Yule cool. What a ding dong of a tree! Every home should have one. Hope you are both feeling better for the festive break. Take care.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mum, we really like it, it makes me laugh whenever I see it! I'm feeling a bit better now, might be over the worst in time for the main festivities.

      Delete
  2. That is fabulous!
    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you and thank you, I have been well looked after this weekend.

      Delete
  3. What a cute idea - I love homemade things at Christmas.

    Lizzie's Daily Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great! I haven't even bothered. Might get out the candle lights that go up to a point later today and have got some little pegs to hang cards off but, that's all. Oh, I might bring in some Yule holly tomorrow - it's also our 33rd anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on your anniversary!

      I'm very much a "take what you like and leave the rest" kind of person when it comes to Christmas. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to create a 5ft tall triangle of fun though could I?

      Delete
  5. Your tree is wonderful, I love it, it's so different. I've only just seen it. Our silly computer will not let me see photos. It slipped up this morning.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, an unexpected bonus is that the rabbits have totally ignored it. Big Grey likes to have a climb in Christmas trees so we haven't had that to deal with.

      Glad to hear you got one over on the technology today!

      Delete