Thursday, 18 December 2014

£5000 Revisited

At the start of the year we had the idea that we'd try to save £5000 in 2014. 

Well we didn't. 

Nowhere near.

We decided to spend the money on things for the house, as you know we finally had flooring fitted in the living room, after three years of having bare concrete. We also bought a new sofa and some other bits and bobs, plus we went away for the first and second time in many years. We have started saving again though, we haven't worked out our aims for next year yet, but it does feel as though we're off to a good start. 

Another thing, I think I said a while ago that Dan covered our kitchen in a "lively" beer. After an initial tweet exchange with someone from the brewery he didn't hear anything. Yesterday, when I was at the shop, a parcel turned up. Dan went to collect it today and it's from the brewery. Good result. Just as long as the beer stays where it should!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I've added one to Friday's post. It's not a very good picture, but you'll get the idea!

      Delete
  2. Sometimes you've just got to do it. I don't make saving plans but try to be economical along the way but if I need something - badly - it has to be obtained. I haven't changed kitchen or bathroom in all time we've been in house, as if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Unless I get a windfall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think our problem was that we didn't have an aim, it was just saving. Now we have a focus it should be more straightforward.

      Delete