Wednesday, 5 November 2014

The Porch Cupboard



I should have known it was going to be an issue when we first came to view the house, one of the doors was leaning against the front of the cupboard, rather than doing what it should have been doing. I was just excited to have a nice big cupboard. 

But it's not a nice big cupboard, it's a long, narrow cupboard with the three electricity meters at the far end and wonky doors.  So instead of having the useful storage area I imagined I have this - 



Lots of things on the floor outside 


and not very much inside. 

It's just wide enough for Henry, but I do have to wrestle with the snozzles and things whenever I want anything else. I know there's a solution and a way to use this space effectively. Maybe instead of it being a coat and Henry storage space it would be better used for something else. So far I'm stumped. 

4 comments:

  1. I love finding ways to use space well. Sometimes it takes a while to find the right solution, but that just makes it more satisfying when you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, when the solution dawns it will probably be a case of "why didn't I think of that before?".

      Delete
  2. You need the following

    Bi folding doors.

    Shelving.

    A local carpenter.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly need someone to attend to the doors. I agree about shelves too, although it will have to be a freestanding set as the wall isn't a proper wall so wouldn't take the weight.

      Delete