Thursday, 6 November 2014

In Fashion, Amazingly

We had  bit of a stroll along the prom at the weekend and as we walked, saying hello to people Dan commented that a lot of the women were wearing massive shawl type scarves. He was right, so I had a little look online and there they all were - blanket scarves. I bought one like that in 2001 from Tie Rack in York. I can't see myself wearing it when I'm out and about, but I will continue to wear it at home safe in the knowledge that, for once, I am the height of style!


10 comments:

  1. Yes I've seen them worn with a belt tied around them. It's an interesting look, but like you I'm not sure it's a look I'll be wearing this autumn winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it looks great, but I think I'd just end up looking like I was still in bed!

      Delete
  2. Hm, Don't think I would wear one when I was out, I'm always in too much of a tear to be bothered with dangling things. I rarely 'dress up' enough to wear something like that. I do have a few Pashminas which I could wear but maybe I ought to get them out like you and wear them around the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really warm around the house, but leave the arms free to get on with things.

      Delete
  3. :) Funny how fashion trends just go round and round.

    Lizzie's Daily Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard of blanket scarves so google it. Oh my they looks way too bulky for my liking so I don't think I will bother. I have a short neck so I use thin and light scarves when I need them.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like to wear scarves but doubt I could be trusted with that mush fabric - especially with how windy it gets around here.

      Delete
    2. You could always use a fancy broach to hold it in place and look posh.
      Carolx

      Delete
    3. I can assure you it would take more than a brooch!

      Delete