Sunday, 30 November 2014

I Am Not My Stuff



But I am very sad that my Lord Python brooch broke when we went out for our charity shop festive party on Friday. It's one of those times where I know I shouldn't have worn it really, but then on the other hand it's there to be worn. 

Nothing I can do about it now, but I really hate thinking that something had been knocking around for such a long time and all it took to break it was one person standing on my jacket. Things are pretty fragile really aren't they. Somehow I don't think I'm just talking about my brooch.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think I might look for something new to fix onto the main part of it. It would be better to rescue it with a different stone than to lose the whole thing wouldn't it.

      Delete
  2. How disappointing, especially as it's something that isn't easily replaceable. Can it be mended?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the stainless steel part, but the other piece is missing unfortunately.

      Delete
  3. I've lost the dowsing pendulum that I made myself out of precious metal clay. Was wondering if that's a metaphor for something else too. Time heals. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think the night was trying to tell me something (which was almost certainly don't drink so much next time!).

      Delete