Thursday, 13 November 2014

Gifts Galore!



Today I entered the modern world, I bought something from ebay! What times we live in.

It's all down to the receipt of our first Christmas card and gifts yesterday. When I got home from the shop there was a parcel waiting next door, neither of us were expecting anything so we thought we'd wait, until Dan received a text asking if we'd been next door to collect anything exciting. It was a message from our German friend Em. You may or may not have been around for our mammoth trip to the Trafford Centre when she visited last year. 

So Dan nipped round and came back with a parcel. I think I mentioned last year that Em is an amazing baker and an amazing cook. The parcel contained a personalised cookie, some homemade lebkuchen, and mulled wine cakes. to tempt me to cook there was also a German cookbook, cookie cutters and some bread mixes, alongside treats for the rabbits and lots of sweets and chocolates, the list goes on and on. 

We were already planning our parcel in the abstract but are now motivated to act! The one thing Em can't do is sew, so I'm going to make her a couple of ornaments, there are a couple of things she liked but couldn't carry home last year so I'm going to see what I can do with that. The one thing both Em and her husband wanted last year was something to do with the birth of Prince George, so today I have bought them a commemorative coin, and that's how my relationship with ebay has begun. It's very easy isn't it, mustn't remember my password!

6 comments:

  1. I love eBay. I find it amazing that you can buy something quite obscure, that otherwise might take you days, weeks or months to find locally, in just a few minutes, and not only that, but you often get a choice of several sellers too. I am biased though as I also sell on eBay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually prefer to poke around and wait to find what I'm after, but as this was a very specific thing for someone else, ebay was the best place. It's great that it exists!

      Delete
  2. Yes it's a whole world of stuff you didn't even know existed or thought that they had stopped making. Homemade Lebkuchen sounds delicious. I assumed it was always bought I must look for a recipe as my husband adores Lebkuchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can ask Em for her recipe if you'd like, I don't think it's a family secret recipe.

      Delete
  3. I must get to grips with ebay. I have registered but am a bit hesitant because it all looks a bit complicated and I can never remember my passwords either! However, I have loads of stuff which needs selling...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm a long way away from selling anything there, I'm not organised enough for that!

      Delete