Tuesday, 28 October 2014

Unimpressed Face

I buy a fair amount of stuff from Superdrug. Today I did not. 

We had been using Sainsbury's basics toothpaste, but it seemed like we were getting through a tube quite a lot faster than we should. Turns out the tubes were only 75ml and I'd been working on a 100ml timescale. So I nipped into Superdrug before going to the charity shop today to discover rebranding has taken place. Now for the great price of £1.49 I can get two tubes of toothpaste. Not too bad, until I noticed the tubes are 75ml. The 100ml tubes are around £1.25, which is way more than they used to be. But we had run out of toothpaste - we'd even used the last scrapings from the cut-open tube. As I arrived at the till the lone assistant was called over by someone to talk at great length about something or other. A queue started to form and the assistant didn't come back. It reached the point where I didn't even have time to call the assistant over and pay, I would have been late. So I, and another customer left our stuff and went on our way. 

I'm just having a rant, I'm not blaming the lady in the shop who was working alone but still trying her best to provide good service. It did put me in a bad mood when I got to the shop, was faced with some high maintenance customers and was working on my own though. Dan has picked up some toothpaste so we'll still be minty fresh. Yes, I know I am a stroplet. 

6 comments:

  1. I have recently discovered that Superdrug offer free postage over £10...which I think is brilliant and from personal experience it arrives very quickly by Royal Mail. And in 2 of my orders received some free samples to boot!
    My first ever order was their massage sponges which always seem to be out of stock in store.
    If you register your points cards you can get points as well...
    I always have to queue in SD - but as I do so I dwell on all the bargains in my basket;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great, I've never heard anyone review their online service before, so thanks for that,

      Delete
  2. I have been buying for the last few years, the sensitive toothpaste from Aldi as the Sensodyne was about £2.75 and husband actually fills the toothbrush with the stuff when you don't really need so much. It is the pink tube and is around 125g and costs - oops forgot but it is cheap and good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have a look at that, thank you. I don't venture into Aldi very often but it could be worth a look.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Gigibird, I will do that. I use Superdrug as their own brand stuff is mainly vegan and get annoyed with always having to queue. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use superdrug own brand for that reason too.

      Delete