Tuesday, 7 October 2014

Too Much Stuff

Had a wading through treacle day yesterday. I don't think we own that much stuff, but it gets everywhere. I feel at times as though I'm being swamped by kindness - whether it's donations for the shop, things that just don't have a home, or bags of donated fruit and veg that throw my menu plan out and mean a massive batch cooking session whether I want it or not. 

I know that sounds ungrateful, but there can be too much of a good thing. 

People have started to mention festivities and my birthday (they're two weeks apart). I can't cope with any more stuff! I'm going to go and hide under the bed while there's still space. 

6 comments:

  1. Lucky your bed isn't one with drawers like mine or you'd be very cramped in the drawer! I often run away mentally to my imaginary lttlle hidey hole down the lane where I spend time alone for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love the idea of a hidey hole for some quiet time.

      Delete
  2. Yep, I know that feeling off drowning in stuff. I wish I could hide under the bed, but there's no space under any of ours. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. When I got organised and got rid of all my junk, one of my rules was that nothing would go in the loft and nothing would go under the bed, plenty of space for me!

      Delete
  3. I hate days when you feel stuck - just keep going; you'll get there.

    Lizzie's Daily Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, feel loads better today already!

      Delete