Wednesday, 22 October 2014

Timely

At the shop yesterday a couple of things happened that really annoyed me, to the extent I am still thinking about it this morning. then, as if by magic I read a blog post that hit me in the face and made me laugh out loud at my silly sausageness. The post was from The Connected Life - 

The insatiable desire to be "good at what I do and do more of it" was constantly at odds with what I knew I really needed, which was less". 

I think it's another strand of the thing I was talking about yesterday, making a big deal out of the wrong thing instead of being honest about the right thing. 

So I'm just going to let it go, as long as nothing crosses the line into bullying as I've said before. I'm there to raise money for charity and to get out of the house for a bit, not win a popularity contest. I have my couple of friends and that's fine, the rest of it doesn't really matter. I actually said out loud to Dan what had happened yesterday and he laughed for about 3 minutes. It's difficult to remain cross when someone else can see how absurd something is!

So this morning I have my nice smelly candle burning, I've done all the important chores (i.e the ones in this house) and I'm about to have a cup of tea and write the November menu plan. Happiness. 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, it's easy to get caught up in nonsense!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good plan. Sometimes it's hard not to get dragged into other peoples' silliness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you're right, it is easy to get sucked in, feels good to get it into perspective.

      Delete