Wednesday, 1 October 2014

Stoptober

It's not really Stoptober for me, but it's close enough. 

I was very happy when writing the master shopping list for this month as there wasn't much on it. There are a couple of dearer things to buy - rabbit litter and hay (total £50) and Dan needs some shower gel, which is about a tenner, we're trying to find a cheaper alternative that doesn't make him itch! I don't really need anything, and other than stock powder and some chestnuts there's nothing special we need/want from the supermarket. 

I'm not saying I will save money from the grocery budget, but it seems very possible at the moment. 

7 comments:

  1. Forgot to say, the window cleaner didn't come in September so that's £8 for the change jar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing well. I did a mini stoptober. There were one or two things but on the whole I did good. It may not be of any use to you but my DH cannt use anything but Sanex shower gel, everything makes him itch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done with your mini shop stop.

      I'll take a look at Sanex, thanks for the tip.

      Delete
  3. We're doing an unofficial Stoptober - neither of us drink, but we are just trying to have a bit of a money saving month.

    Lizzie's Daily Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the approach we're taking too, I'm not giving anything up, or making a bit statement about anything, just spending a bit less.

      Delete