Tuesday, 21 October 2014

Pussyfooting Around

I probably need say no more than family in order to outline the stress Dan and I have been going through recently. 

We've also noticed between us the opposite side, or maybe an extension of, the egging on I spoke about the other day. We have a communication problem. I think we liked to think we were really open and spoke about everything, but it turns out we don't. We've been carrying stuff around and it kind of manifests itself in the egging on. 

Very occasionally, when things are not going astoundingly well, we treat each other instead of speaking the truth. We've been saying things with cake and nice times instead of having not that nice conversations. Until of course, the conversation happens, and it's always in the middle of the night isn't it. so now the log jam is broken and the emotions have come out. It's not always a pleasant thing (and may have lead to me bursting into tears in public yesterday) but it's out and it's one of those things that can't not be known once it's known.

So that's a good thing. 


8 comments:

  1. Always better to get it out in the open. Hope all is well xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like a weight has been lifted. Thank you, all is well.

      Delete
  2. I hope that life now gets better for you after all the truth telling. Hang on in there.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mum, I was certainly hanging in there yesterday walking to the shop in that wind!

      Delete
  3. That sounds a little like us. I often don't like bringing some things into the open for fear of upsetting husband as he's had a a lot of bad luck and ill health over the last ten years. Occasionally I have to say something but hate doing so. I hate confrontation and atmosphere. I suppose I'm a bit of a moral coward there. I am of the opinion that once you have said something, it can't be unsaid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I know exactly what you mean.

      Delete
  4. Hope everything is ok and that you have now cleared the air and are able to begin again (with each other)
    Best wishes
    Castolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, things seem much more relaxed now.

      Delete