Thursday, 16 October 2014

Making Friends

Yesterday, when the shop closed my co-vol asked if anyone wanted to go for a coffee (as though we don't spend all day drinking coffee!) I said I hadn't brought my purse with me and she said it was her treat. I thought about all the things I needed to do at home and nearly said no. Instead I said yes!

So we headed off to Costa, had a coffee and shared a caramel slice (I had previously said I really like millionaire's shortbread). It was lovely, like the thing people do when they have friends. It made my day. Someone else from the shop also friend requested me on that social networking site we love to hate. I was surprised but it was a nice gesture. One of the other volunteers said "we're friends aren't we?" the other day too. I must be getting my feet under the table. 

I'm so used to my friends being miles away I didn't realise how nice it would be to have some so close. 

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely positive post. Having friends is a real joy and there's always that quiet little thrill when you realise that you've made a connection with someone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised by all three of the examples I gave, it is really nice to be crossing over just from "people I spend time with" to friends.

      Delete
  2. Awww how lovely. Such a kind gesture x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was so nice, made me smile all evening.

      Delete