We planned as much as we could for the bunny holiday while we have the floor done. We went over to visited them and Dan's mum last night. Just as we were leaving, Big Grey Bunny decided to show signs of GI stasis. Couldn't get hold of the emergency vet over there so had to drive the poor thing all the way back over here to our vet (which I was happier about as she's a rabbit specialist).
The vet was amazing as ever, she was really nice about everything and was fine with Big Grey staying there until late this afternoon when the floor is finished. She was even surprised we didn't bring the other rabbit over as they would have looked after them both! I know we're paying, but even so. Dan spoke to her (the vet, not the bun) this morning, she is eating everything, jumping around and generally hating everyone, we recognise this as "feeling better". So she'll be home later.
Dan's mum, poor lass, feels awful about the whole thing, even though there's nothing she could have done to prevent it, it's just the way of things. It was a stressful 12 hours, and we're waving goodbye to any hopes of an inexpensive September. Still, it's why we have an Emergency Fund.