Friday, 12 September 2014

Another Hard Worker


This is a very new thing, I've had it less than a week, but I'm growing to love it. It's a steam cleaner. I've been talking about getting one for ages, in fact I say it every single time I clean out the bunny pen, finally I prioritised it and here we are. I went for this one as there were some decent reviews and it wasn't too expensive. It's mainly to clean the bunny pen, as I'm always wary about using too many chemicals with them around, but I do intend to use it for other things.

Conveniently there are all manner of nozzles and accessories for things like grout cleaning, a pointy thing to direct the steam, a window thing, a small thing for fabric and coloured brushes so you can use a specific brush for a specific job - great if you have something like a pet area to clean. 

So far I have done the worktops, sink and draining board in the kitchen, the bathroom sink and a bit of the grout, the blinds and window frames in the bedroom, the mattress topper in the bedroom and a few other things. I like it. It doesn't do they work for you (as some disappointed reviewers complain!) but it does remove lots of the scrubbing and plenty of rinsing. 

I really like it, and while it's not an essential, for some of the harder jobs I do at home I know it will be a great help. 

A while ago I mentioned that we'd tried Sainsbury's basics toothpaste, the reviews are in and we rather like it! It's nowhere near as minty as other toothpastes, which is a bonus for me. I checked the ingredients and there wasn't too much difference between it and the normal range, other than the minty content. A winner for me. 

10 comments:

  1. I bought one years and years ago, maybe ten and only got it out again the other day having not used it for a similar length of time. It was brilliant for steaming out the washing machine. Glad I didn't off load it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great use for it, getting all the gunk out of the nooks and crannies, thanks!

      I think one of the reasons I have been delaying the purchase is that every time I mention it we have this long and involved conversation about it being a potential novelty item that will be used a couple of times then never again.

      Delete
  2. I bet everything is spotless! I have wanted one for ages. I have huge windows that are the devils work to clean, I imagine it would leave them streak free. I wonder if it would kill weeds on my drive??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am almost excited to try it on my windows, I have huge windows too.

      I don't know how it would work on weeds, but I did see a lady using a Henry hoover to clean her drive once!

      Delete
  3. I got a vax one on a half price offer last year. It has proved invaluable for all sorts of things - it made a phenomenal difference to the shower cubicle at my daughter's flat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cleaning the shower is one of my least favourite tasks, I'm glad to hear a steam cleaner does the trick.

      Delete
  4. That steam cleaner looks great. I'll have to find one with a nozzle.

    Lizzie's Daily Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hankering after a steam cleaner - for our chicken coops...oh and perhaps the oven....I will be interested how you get on with it after a few months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the ancient oven might like to be treated to a steaming. I shall revisit this topic at the end of the year to let you know how things progress.

      Delete