Sunday, 10 August 2014

Buyer Beware

spot the difference


We went to Clitheroe Food Festival yesterday and came home with some curtains for Dan's dressing room and a lazy susan. We spoke to the curtain lady for quite some time so I was fairly peeved when we got home to discover the curtains are different sizes! That's a little bit naughty isn't it. I suppose I was daft to assume that the label stating "pair of curtains" would suggest that the curtains would be the same, fool that I am. 

My mum queued up for hours to buy our Challenge Cup semi final tickets (although she did get a free vodka shot and a voucher for half a chicken at Nandos - you can't buy class). Even without howling wind and torrential rain being on the third row behind the sticks, rather than half way back in the main stand tickets that she asked for, is a pretty bad thing. If I get hit by the ball I'll be furious (when I regain consciousness). Unless it's a kick that Danny Tickle sticks over to win the game for us, then I won't care. 

6 comments:

  1. Nice curtains. Such a pity they're different lengths. Will you still be able to use them or did you specifically want them floor length?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully Dan likes them a bit shorter than floor length so the shorter one is ideal for him. Lucky only one needs to be altered now.

      Delete
  2. They are lovely curtains though. If you chop the bit off the long one you can have a matching cushion cover? Naughty woman x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely, ideal for the room. The surplus will go into the stash and probably end up as part of a quilt back at some point.

      Delete
  3. Shame, but they are very nice curtains. Will you shorten one or take them back? Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll shorten one, I bought them from a pop up market. It is a craft market that turns up all over the place though, so should we see the stallholder again I'll certainly have a word.

      Delete