Thursday, 24 July 2014

Freebie and Bargain of the Week 2




Not that I'm showing off or anything, but my current purse is too small. I have a couple of loyalty cards, there are generally some coupons and I mainly use cash so there are coins sloshing around too. It's easy to lose things. So I was after a replacement. I used to have multiple purses for my various budgets but that is just annoying to me now. 



Of course charity shops provide. For one pound I obtained my new purse. It was brand new! Silica gel and little bits of padding stuff still inside! There are lots of compartments for aforementioned vouchers and so on, a nice zip part for change and room for cards. Plus it looks like an old lady purse so I like it, Dan said it reminds him of an old soup bowl. That's good enough for me. 



The freebie was a case of "I saw this and thought of you". A friend came across a fat quarter pack somewhere along the line and gave it to me! I don't know what I'll do with the hot air balloon fabric but the white and blue fabric will be used as part of the spare bed quilt. Another great week. 

10 comments:

  1. Very thrifty both of them! I know what Dan means about the soup bowl it's the colour and sheen I think but it is a great purse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, and I am a fan of heavy glaze. Were it not so hot I think I'd want soup for lunch too!

      Delete
  2. My in laws had a coffee service by Hornsea that was that sort of colour and pattern. Enjoy your purse and may it never run empty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love old lady purses, they make you want to make do and mend, look after the pennies and the pounds'll look after themselves, and get a blue rinse.... Lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not wrong, the noise when it closes makes things sound very definite!

      Delete
  4. Hornsea Heirloom brown purse - very acceptable with plenty of compartments to lose, sorry, find everything. Great price too.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Mum, I already know I'm going to lose things in there, mind you, I lose things in a one compartment purse so there will be nothing new!

      Delete
  5. Like the new purse and what a bargain. Love the balloon material but no suggestions for it's use.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I can't believe I forgot to say yesterday that it was even more of a bargain as there was a 20p inside!

      Something will crop up for the balloon fabric, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but eventually.

      Delete