Monday, 28 July 2014

Breadwinning

Being a housewife has been a great thing, it has really worked for us. Now it doesn't. I don't know how it's going to happen or where it's going to come from but I need a job. 

There we go. 

There are things I really want to achieve with the house but it will never be a priority. If I want it to be a priority I think I need to have the cash to make it happen. There's only so far I can get snaffling a few pence here and there from the grocery budget, I need real cash. As far as I know, finding paid work is the most reliable way to do this. 

I know it's going to take quite a long time for me to find something as I have no references and haven't worked for over 10 years, but eventually something will come along and my new phase can begin. 

8 comments:

  1. A job isn't forever... and you don't just to have one - these days all things are possible...

    What would you like to do?

    You do have recent experience volunteering in the charity shop and I'm sure the manager would give you a reference..

    Have you considered working at unusual times?...sometimes working antisocial hours brings a higher premium ...

    Good Luck anyway.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.

      I don't know what I'd like to do, I don't really have the desire or pull to anything in particular, I just want money!

      I think I'll be looking at retail or hospitality, preferably retail I think, even if it's seasonal, at least that way I can just sock the cash away and then get the work on the house done.

      Delete
  2. Have you looked on the job centre website for jobs, it's quite good. Gigibird has a good point about seasonal work and your boss at the charity shop should be able to give you a reference. Good luck
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, good point about the reference.

      I had a look online today, the job closest to home was actually the manager's job at the charity shop I work at! Will keep having a look. There are usually adverts in shop windows and hotels in the town.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the job hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why don't you contact an employment agency for temporary work. That will give you the freedom and experience x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, thank you, that's a good idea. I'll see if there's one nearby.

      Delete