Tuesday, 15 July 2014

Another Hard Worker

aka the march to old ladyhood.

Over the past few months I've been doing more on my own, in order to free up the evenings and weekends. So I've been doing the grocery shopping and general dogsbodying about. To make this is a little easier I now have a beautiful assistant. 

It looks a little like a suitcase here, but it's currently full


I've not had it for very long, but it is already making life a lot easier. My brother has just moved in with his girlfriend so gave me a pile of stuff to take to the charity shop. Usually I'd have to wait until the weekend so Dan could take things in the car, or I'd have to have things hanging around the house while I took things in in dribs and drabs. Yesterday I just loaded up and off I went! 

I haven't needed it for craft purposes yet but I can see it will be better than my wheely toolbox for carting my quilting things around if and when I take it out and about.

It's roomy, easy to move about, nice big wheels has an insulated lining, plus a large zip pocket on the back for other bits and pieces, and lots of pictures of dogs! I wish I'd had one when we lived in East Lancs, getting up that big hill on Whalley Road would have been far easier!

12 comments:

  1. Ah, me trolley makes life so much easier! I'm on my 4th one in 2 years mind...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so much more cool now I know you use one too Donna!

      Delete
    2. My latest one is a good Food Show one, with insulated sides, and 4 wheels. Dead posh!

      Delete
  2. I love that and what a great idea x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I hadn't thought of it before, all those times I've trudged home laden down with bags!

      Delete
  3. Join the Dolly Trolley Club. Mine's pink too but with polka dots instead of dogs. Who needs to carry things now. Let's trundle!
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't go wrong with polka dots!

      Delete
  4. I have a Molly Trolley. She wasn't cheap, but she has lasted me many years. She's plain black though, I think I need to tart her up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plain black is, of course, the stylish option. I went for this as it's probably the closest I'll get to dog ownership.

      Delete
  5. I bought one but one of the wheels snapped off on its first outing!
    I'm using a polka dot bag on wheels instead that I bought in 2007 when I was at uni. I like it because it folds up and can be carried in a tote bag until I need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!

      I had a bag on wheels like that ages ago but I didn't get on well with the small wheels.

      Delete