Tuesday, 3 June 2014

The Nervous Wait

I can't be alone in having that slightly fluttery feeling when the car goes to the car hospital. The potential costs are all so vague. 

Dan took the car in yesterday, when it was last serviced the guy told him that we'd need brake pads, the MOT is happening next week so Dan decided to have the brakes done yesterday and everything just checked over. We're driving all the way down to Bournemouth this month so best to know that everything is safe and sensible. Dan came home looking not too unhappy, my chanting of "please less than £200" must have worked as we paid just over £110 to have the bits and bobs done. Phew. 

Forgot to say yesterday, my mum also gave us two small square planters on Sunday (no photo yet, it's raining). 

My frock for the wedding doesn't fit. The wedding is in 2 and a bit weeks, that's another nervous wait, no cake for me at the charity shop.

6 comments:

  1. I'm pleased your car repairs came in within budget. It is quite a worry and they generally in my experience, find something that needs doing immediately or in the near future. Like you say though, better to be safe when you've got a long journey ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hopefully that's the last of it for a while, I was quite surprised they didn't offer Dan any "optional" jobs, but they were very good.

      Delete
  2. Nope, you're definitely not alone. Our car MOT is due next month & we used most of our car fund for the repairs earlier in the year... yuck.... but I'm putting off thinking about it until the middle of the month.

    Weddings - faff - frock - good luck Yeah I'm a wedding humbug :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I remember reading about your car trauma earlier in the year. Good luck with the MOT.

      I'm not a wedding person either, as my own wedding illustrated (didn't tell anyone other than the two witnesses. Still haven't told anyone). I probably wouldn't go as far for anyone other than G, so off we go!

      I do have a less fancy, but far more comfy, frock on standby!

      Delete
  3. I hope that all will be well.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mum, it will all work out, one way or the other.

      Delete