Wednesday, 11 June 2014

Signs Of Life

I mentioned yesterday in one of the comments that I have been running an experiment with my broken plant. Some bits are in water, some in the compost. All being spoken to on a daily basis by me. 

I left the jug and pot in the porch, it seemed like a sensible place as the temperature is pretty stable, the door is partially glazed so there is some light, but never direct. This morning's check revealed something positive, bits of green!



Only just visible, but to the right of the original stalk is a little green blob of growth! Hooray!

The jug dwelling teeny tiny twig has what looks like a very small sign of movement too. The large twig in the compost is still upright, there is nothing visible yet but it looks more perky, as much as a twig can look perky. Maybe I'll end up with three plants for the price of one, fingers crossed. 

I'm doing another bonus shift at the shop today as we're still scrambling for staff. I feel good about going in as the cleaning continues so I hope I can get lots more shelving cleaned today and maybe the changing rooms. I won't be on my own as I was yesterday so I should be able to get a lot done. 

My parents are coming over at the weekend so my mum can learn all about looking after rabbits. We're going to take them out for a meal too, they took us out last week, and as they're doing us such a massive favour it seems like a small price to pay. I'm hoping to pick up a few other bits and bobs for my mum to enjoy while she's here. Not sure what though yet, other than some wine gums. She loves a bag of wine gums.

2 comments: