Monday, 2 June 2014

Menu Plan 1-7 June

The menu plan is back for June, but I'm doing it on a weekly basis. Partly because we have to work to a tiny budget this month for various reasons and partly because I can't be bothered to think of a plan for the whole month. 

The first day of the month ended up being very expensive. It was my mum's birthday so we went down to visit her and ended up joining them for a meal out. It wasn't expensive really but it was a fair chunk of our food budget, but we don't see them all that often, let alone go out with them. It was fun. 

We did come home with some little bonus items though. Two ready to eat turnips, a mystery purple plant, a bit of bronze fennel and half a dozen empty 2l bottles. Some are for cloche making and others are to use as cool blocks for the rabbits when it gets hot. 

The shopping list for this week is really just basics, all the meals are made from things we already have in. The shopping list is -

milks
cereal
nuts/seeds
bunny greens
butter
houmous

1. out
2. spicy spaghetti w. v-pud 
3. chilli (frozen)
4. roast veg chickpea stew w. v-pud
5. nut roast w. veg and onion gravy
6. chickpea curry 
7. l/o

6 comments:

  1. I love the idea of cool blocks for the rabbits. I looked after a neighbour's rabbit a couple of years ago in a heatwave and I was so worried about him overheating. Now I'll know what to do! Nice menu plan. There will be a tiny budget here as well I think, so I might copy some of your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cool packs seem to work really well,, I prefer to just use a water bottle rather than the freezer blocks you can buy because I know that even if they chew the plastic there's nothing that can harm them. Plus they fill the freezer up so it runs more efficiently!

      Even though it's fairly simple I'm looking forward to the meals we're having this week. Good luck with your small budget.

      Delete
  2. I like the sound of your week's meal, can I come and stay! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. V pud is a meat free black pudding! It's made by the Real Lancashire Black Pudding Company, the same folk that make the real thing. Instead of blood it's made with beetroot juice.

      Delete