Friday, 6 June 2014

Is It Nearly Over?

I have not been a happy girl this week. A series of small and mildly distracting events have added up to reveal the seething, tiny ball of rage you see before you. I think Monday was OK, Tuesday started the slide and it all came together yesterday. 

I arrived at the shop yesterday to learn that my till buddy who we all sang the praises of on Tuesday didn't turn up for her shift on Wednesday. What can you do? Although she did then phone in to say she wouldn't be there, this is an improvement. 

I've been looking for a white fuchsia (which I realise I've been spelling incorrectly for a long time). At the monthly market in the town I picked up a very nice Halsall Pearl, it's not white, but it is very pale. Got to the shop where someone put their bag on top of my bag (which clearly contained a plant) and snapped every single bit of it. When I took it out of my bag at home the plant bits came away and the root bit was still in the pot. 

I would have asked Father what to do last night at the Widnes v Keighley game but I burned the tea and it was decided that I was far too volatile to sit in a ground where people would potentially get on my nerves - let's just say I have form where that's concerned. So we stayed in and I had a fondant fancy instead. We did see Father on the telly though so that was fun, he was clearly wishing he'd taken his sunglasses.  

Just before bed last night I moved my cushion to give it a plumping when I noticed that as well as seeing to the rug The White Rabbit has chewed a hole in the back cushion of my sofa too. Delightful. I went to bed and hoped for a sunny Friday. 

I can't end on a sour note, so five good things this week - 

1. My garden project is coming along nicely.
2. I was given a very useful book to help me with my garden project.
3. Denis Betts (the Widnes coach) made me laugh during his post-match interview.
4. I chose quinoa over crisps (I know the "goodness" of this could be debated).
5. Had a nice sit at Granny's Bay last evening. 

8 comments:

  1. Sorry you've had a bad week. Some weeks you're just glad to get to end of. I hope you have a good Friday. It's sunny here, I hope it is where you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is sunny *yay*.

      I have taken the opportunity to do some of the stuff around the house I would never choose to do if I was cheery. Taking the "worst first" approach I have disinfected the wheelie bin. Yuck yuck yuck!

      Have a good weekend.

      Delete
  2. It must be over then. Let's hope for a good week next week.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mum. I think things are on the up. Something lovely happened this evening and it cheered me right up.

      Have a good weekend.

      Delete
  3. Good to hear you sounding a bit cheerier in your replies to comments, keep your chin up and hoping you gave a better week xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fran, I know it will be. Enjoy your weekend.

      Delete
  4. Fondant Fancies cure anything in my book! Sorry about the Fuchsia - have you revived it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The various bits of the plant are currently part of an experiment. One twig is in compost with all leaves removed. One is in compost with leaves on. One is in water, leaves removed and a teeny tiny piece, consisting of two leaves and about an inch of stalk is in water. We shall see which, if any, of these work.

      Delete