Sunday, 29 June 2014

I Never Buy Fabric Conditioner



I don't buy fabric conditioner, haven't for years and years, but when I did a search for "removing hideous decoupage" I was told time and again that this was the product to go for. 

So I nipped to the co-op and picked up a bottle, mixed four capfuls with hot water in a spray bottle and set to it. 



Just like removing wallpaper, I put some slits into the layers of paper then sprayed. Left for a couple of minutes then attacked it with my stripping knife.

It works! It did take a while, but I was listening to London v Widnes so it didn't matter. Spraying and scraping started to reveal the shelf 



About an hour later it was done!


10 comments:

  1. I don't use it either and this makes me wonder what it does to your clothes if you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I didn't think about it like that. It certainly softened everything!

      Delete
  2. I don't buy fabric conditioner either. I only use biological washing powder for tough household jobs like cleaning bits from the cooker and nail varnisher remover for craft purposes! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've no idea how I'll use the rest of the bottle.

      Delete
  3. I stopped using it several years ago and now I can't stand the stuff, the fabreze one makes me wheeze and itchy so who knows what stuff they make that out of. Good to know it does have a purpose though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. When we opened the bottle we both commented that it smelled nice. Not much later on it was overwhelming.

      The spring before we were going to be debt free our washing machine broke. I refused to spend any money on it, so the whole summer I did without. On a couple if occasions we did laundry at MILs house, our stuff reeked of her conditioner, even though it was never used on our stuff.

      Delete
  4. Usually when we are taking wallpaper off we use warm water and washing up liquid but next time I will try fabric conditioner. It will have the added bonus of a nice scent.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it will work, and it will certainly be fragrant!

      Delete
  5. Wow I never knew it did this! Did you buy a named one or a cheap version? I never buy it either xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing isn't it! I bought the co-op own brand, just regular blue stuff.

      Delete