Friday, 13 June 2014

Freebie and Bargain of the Week



This week has been a week of silence for me. I've not really had anything to say to anyone, I have enjoyed being on the beach and at the shop though.

Dan's mum decided she needed a change, it transpires that change has been to tear out all but two plants out of her front garden. There remains a small tree and some campanula. We didn't bring any of the plants back here, it was one of those situations where things just had to go. I don't know where they went, just away. Anyway, what does this have to do with me? 

Olly didn't order enough weed guard sheeting stuff so had to nip to Wilko for some just to do the last little section. She gave us a full roll, I didn't know what we needed it for but Dan said - for the strawberries. What a great idea, so now my strawbs are off the ground and all is well. There's still 7m of the roll left. 

The bargain was from the charity shop on Wednesday, there were rich pickings this week, but I was trying to not buy too much. I didn't want to resist this clamper bracelet for the grand sum of £1.19, it should go well with my outfit for next weekend.



Also, Widnes have reached the semi-final of the Challenge Cup, they'll play Castleford at Leigh Sports Village in August, 80 minutes away from Wembley etc .

8 comments:

  1. That's a lovely bracelet, no wonder you couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love it so much. It's quite small too, bangles are usually too big for my wrist, so they get in the way if I'm trying to do anything (I think I've spoken about that before). So it's nice to have something that stands a chance of staying on all day!

      For just over a quid it would have been a mistake to leave it I think.

      Delete
  2. We had a bumper day's takings at the CS today - lots of people spending the hard earned cash on bargain buys. I tried not to spend too much, I really did but the dress was too good a bargain to miss.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it all helps the charity. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

      We had a good week this week too.

      Delete
  3. That bracelet is beautiful.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete