Friday, 27 June 2014

Doing

around half way with the blocks


So now the party is over. 

For the past few months we've been using the phrase "we'll start after the wedding" when discussing pretty much anything from tidying my wardrobe to losing weight to saving money to changing our lives. Combines the stag do and wedding cost a lot, I don't really want to think about how much as I'd probably faint, but it was worth it. We had a great time, saw some new places, made memories, had an amazing time together, and met some really wonderful people along the way. 

Since the wedding Dan has applied for two jobs and changed his GP, we've had another round of decluttering, I've eaten fruit every day (the strawberry harvest is relentless) and have set up a very exciting salad bar in the fridge. I even did yoga yesterday - we shall not talk about the trail of destruction and rabbit distress that caused. The credit card balance has gone, the credit card is in a safe place, all the photographs are backed up and the floors are clear.

I really didn't want to go food shopping on Wednesday, but I'm glad we did, it was a yellow sticker bonanza - bread, fruit, veg, salad, toilet paper, virtually everything on the list was there for the taking. Thank you very much Mr Booth. I also picked up a dvd for 99p from the charity shop, series one of Spooks, we've never seen it but have wanted to for a while. It'll be good for nights when we just want to relax. In a tense way. 

The hot weather has made me want to work on the big quilt. I've decided, when the time comes, to use a very light wadding so we can use it year round. I like the weight of something over me when I'm sleeping, even when it's hot. It won't be ready for this winter, maybe it'll be ready by next summer, it's a long way off, but at least I'm working on the cool bit now it's hot. It's a positive time, a time of change and a time to reflect, but most of all, a time to eat strawberries. 

8 comments:

  1. Your quilt is looking fab. I love the greys and the blues lift it beautifully. I'm thinking of making a grey/white/black patchwork quilt, just waiting until I've finished my current projects and have got enough fabric together. Not sure what blocks or shapes I'm going to use yet though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you. I'm quite enjoying it, even though my seams don't match the vast majority of the time! It's nice to be working with blues, I'm not usually a fan of blue, but the spare room is kind of a seaside theme so it makes sense. It's watered down with plenty of grey though, so I like that.

      When I've done this one and the pink and green lap quilt (so in about 2 years or so) I'm going to start one for our bed, I think that's going to be white grey and black as our bedroom is mid-grey with black curtains. Although by that time it will have been that way for 6 years so we could fancy a change.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have a good plan, I admire your determination x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I prefer it when I have to dig in to get things done, I tend to lose focus otherwise.

      Delete
  3. Your quilt looks wonderful so far. Your 'start' so far seems to have been very productive.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. THanks for your comments on my blog. That quilt looks fab x

    ReplyDelete