Thursday, 8 May 2014

Things

Two more items crossed off my wishlist. I think my wishlist now only consists of garage paint and new living room floor. this year has been very good for me so far. These two items were little strokes of luck. Without further ado 


A nice sewing box. I only have one photo as my phone battery ran out. It needs a bit of work, it's very wobbly and there are lots of paint splashes plus a splodge of glittery stuff (you can probably make out a dark patch at the back right of the lid). It's clean and well kept inside, so it shouldn't take too long to get it up and running. 

The second item makes me very excited indeed, not just for the item itself but how it has been looked after in the 50 years it's been around




The tool kit is intact, including spare needles, I am in love with the brush







The instruction booklet is here, along with the original bill for purchase of the machine in 1964 and service receipt from 1974.

a bit blurry, apologies


What a great find, I am enchanted by it. Most important of all, it has the smell. You know the smell I mean, the old, oily, whatever-it-is smell. Like the smell of Halfords or any shop that sells stuff for cars, only better. 

8 comments:

  1. What a fabulous find, Enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm still at the admiring stage, hopefully moving to the doing stage soon!

      Delete
  2. \what a find - I think I'm in love with the case!
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Even if I never use it (which I will) it looks great in the house!

      Delete
  3. That sewing machine looks like a great find and hardly used. Enjoy.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you, I love old sewing machines, they are easy to use and simple to service and the smell of the oil, yep you are very lucky, hope you have hours of fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Simple is what I wanted. As well as beautiful of course!

      Delete