Monday, 12 May 2014

Sometimes It Pays To Be Nice

Last week Dan and I went to the cafe at the supermarket for our free cuppa - free hot drink everyday if you have a loyalty card. It was fairly busy but we squeezed in. A couple of days later I decided to email head office to let them know what great service we'd had and how attentive the staff were even though they were so busy. The automatic response said to not expect a response unless one was needed so I thought no more about it. 

We came home yesterday, Dan checked the post and I had a letter from Booths. Weird because I wasn't expecting any loyalty vouchers or anything. Inside was a lovely letter thanking me for my email and letting me know my email had been shared with the store manager and that it would be read out at the next staff meeting. Very nice. What else was in the envelope but a £5 voucher to spend in store! It was totally unexpected and I certainly didn't contact them in the hope of receiving something but it's very much appreciated and I shall spend it wisely.

4 comments:

  1. Such little gifts are wonderful - stores get lots of criticism and your email will have made them happy- enjoy your bonus! blessings x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will. You're right, it can be easy to criticise but we can forget to support at times.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Isn't it! Good to see you about Donna.

      Delete