Friday, 30 May 2014

Or I'm Still Alive And There's Nothing I Want To Do

I have been instructed by Dan to write a list.

A list of stuff I'd like to do to celebrate my birthday. He doesn't want to arrange something to surprise me just in case it's the wrong thing and it's not something I really want to do. If I write a list of things I'd like to do he can choose one or more and he knows I won't be disappointed. 

Given a free choice I know he'd take me to Copenhagen. Sadly for us, we've used up all our rabbit sitting credit (this has been made very clear to us) so my wishlist is more of a what's broadly feasible list. 

It's hard.

When you spend a lot of time avoiding things that cost money it's hard to then drag up the feelings of wanting the really big stuff, so I think my horizons are much narrower than they were 10 years ago. It's hard to stick things on the list and not think "why don't I/we just do that now?". So I suppose in that sense it's good. It's not making for a particularly exciting birthday though. Other than the cake, I am very clear about the cake - rose sponge, chocolate goo filling, violet icing. 

6 comments:

  1. Enjoying your birthday doesn't have to cost a lot of money - see my 70th celebration post! Depends on what you enjoy doing - maybe a picnic or maybe just time to do nothing if you lead a busy life. I am sure you will think of something good and hope you have a lovely day however you choose to spend it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have another read of that post, thanks.

      The first thing on my list is to have the heating on all day if it's cold! Simple pleasures are probably going to be the way forward.

      Delete
  2. The cake sounds perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had already been giving the cake a lot of thought. A lot.

      Delete
  3. I've asked (moaned) at the Mister to do a very similar birthday list since I haven't a clue of what to buy him, or what to do. The list is still unwritten. His birthday is next week. Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh dear! Good luck with that.

      My birthday isn't until the start of next year but Dan's always saying that I mention something then never mention it again so I should write things down as they come to me. There is always a danger my birthday gets swallowed up by the Christmas and New Year so it can be hard to make a big deal of it.

      Delete