Thursday, 22 May 2014

Just Because You Can

Doesn't mean you should.

A while ago I shared a few pictures of a kitchen cabinet I bought from the Mid Century shop in St Anne's "Secondhand Rose". The cabinet had been very badly painted blue and pink but it's a lovely shape and we thought it would look good in the house. We've decided to have it as our tv unit. 

I hadn't done anything with it for ages as I'd hit the part that she who would commit shabby chic had actually prepared properly and getting the paint off was difficult. I've been working on it all week and much as it pains me to admit it, the shabby chic vandal has won. There's no way I can get it back to the original wood. I'm beyond disappointed, but there's nothing I can do, so I must paint.

Now all we need to do is narrow it down to two colours - one for the exterior, one for the interior, from the thousands of potential options. Much more difficult than good old wood. All I know it that it's not going to be white, blue or pink!

Another example of not messing for the sake of messing is that apparently I've done something so lots of the photographs are no longer visible here. I don't know what I've done, but I almost certainly blame venturing on to google+.

No comments:

Post a Comment