Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Garden Takeover



Apparently there was a lot of rain at the weekend, which might go some way to explaining my shock when I opened the curtains on Monday and looked out into the garden. Everything has grown, lots. Other than the onions, I don't think they're going to grow at all.

The coriander is now visible over the top of the patio, and shows no sign that it's bored of growing. There are so many flowers now, the wild flowers are poking through, the new plants are starting to look at home and the plucky alpines are better than ever. Even the very grumpy rhododendron which only ever has about 2 flowers seems like it might do something. How exciting! It also means, of course, that other things have been growing too...


 
 Yikes.

I'm told the weather this weekend is going to be good, and we need to have a cost-free period, I think I know what we're going to be doing!

In other news, I'm doing another extra shift at the charity shop today. Probably just as well as I was sent home early yesterday as I didn't feel too good. It was my own fault really, I was exceptionally tired, was wearing clothing far too warm for the day (it was cold when I left home) and the shop was like a furnace. I didn't sleep loads last night but I do feel a lot better. Clearly these weekends of partying are not for me!


6 comments:

  1. The dreaded weeds, they have also spouted up overnight on my allotment. Little blighters are also going to be dealt with this weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe how much the weeds have grown while my back was turned!

      Delete
  2. DH watered the soil in the greenhouse yesterday and today we have a great crop of weeds that sprouted and grew overnight! Off on a jolly to Illuminasia tomorrow. That one's got to be better than the Sea Life Centre too.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing, they've not just started growing, they've popped up fully grown, madness!

      Hope you enjoy Illuminasia, I really need to get our visit arranged.

      Delete
  3. Hope you're feeling better now, that partying can take it out of you! I know what you mean about everything suddenly growing. The weeds are really scary at my allotment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I do feel a lot better. Looks like it's a bumper year for weeds, fingers crossed it's a bumper year for everything else too.

      Delete