Monday, 5 May 2014

Emergency Action

Last night, when we were getting ready for bed, Dan was dealing with the buns when he noticed that Big Grey Bunny wasn't well. So we gave her a massage and medication then we waited. Nothing. So at around midnight Dan hopped into a taxi and off her went to the vet. She's still there. This is not the first time she's waited until the middle of the night on a Bank Holiday to need urgent attention. She seems a bit better apparently, the vet wants to keep an eye on her until this afternoon. fingers crossed she'll be back soon.

The second emergency treatment was to my new dress. 


Yesterday I think I just needed someone to give me the courage to go for it, and you did! Here's the result  




And the not so gorgeous inside. 



As suggested by Mum, I went for both fusible webbing and stitching.  I just took a scrap of quilting fabric so the webbing had something to bond onto. to be extra safe I did that both sides of the seam. Pressed very well, the pressed again. Then did a couple of rows of running stitch and a bit of over stitching then pressed again and I was finished!

10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear bun's not well. Hope she's better and back home soon. Nice dress. Good repair job too. I haven't actually used fusible webbing in this way before, so I didn't feel qualified to comment, but it seems to have worked wonderfully well. I'll bear it in mind for future reference if I ever have a similar repair to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big Grey is back home now. The vet was surprised at how much she ate during her stay. Ha!

      The repair seems nice and strong so I give the webbing a thumbs up. Mine is only cheap stuff from Home Bargains, but it works really well.

      Delete
  2. Your repair has worked well, lovely dress.
    Hope bunny is okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, she's settling back in at home now.

      I'm very fond of the dress, I actually think it would look nice with a yellow jacket!

      Delete
  3. Perfect.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you on such a good repair job! I read your last post but couldn't have advised, I have no idea where sewing's concerned. Poor bun, at least he's home safe and sound again, pets are a worry aren't they? Shame they can't tell you what's wrong, wouldn't that save a whole lot of stress? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.

      Pets are a worry. This is a recurring problem, but particularly bad this time. Waiting overnight is always stressful.

      Delete
  5. I do hope your little bunny is all better soon and back home where she belongs. Great job on the dress, I'm really impressed. It will be lovely to wear it knowing it's all secure.

    ReplyDelete