Thursday, 1 May 2014

Desire Map Money

As I've mentioned a few times I've been having a bit of a life audit and working my way through The Desire Map. As a part of that Dan suggested that I have some money to buy anything I felt would be good as part of this process. Obviously I pick up things when we're out and about, but other than the grocery money it's rare I set cash aside just to spend on myself. Dan mainly suggested that I set cash aside mainly for clothes, but me being me it's turned into books, fabric and the occasional packet of crisps as well as clothing and accessories. 

As today is the first of the month there was new money in my bank account, so I went out to see what I could see. I had a bit of a wander yesterday that ended up being longer and hotter than predicted, so this morning I looked out at the drizzle and thought "I can't be bothered". But upon hearing myself think that I decided it was all the more important that I went out.

With my new mac the light rain holds no fear for me so out I went. I took my new route to the town, through the park, and had a poke around some of the shops before going to the Lancashire Market. In the spirit of doing things differently, I went into a shop I wouldn't usually visit. Knowing what I now know about looking nicer I had a look for a few things to work with the skirts I bought last week. I bought a wide stretchy belt *yay*, a vest and a new infinity scarf. Both new skirts have pink in them and one of the skirts is mainly blue, so I chose a pink, blue and white scarf and a pale pink vest and was very pleased with myself!

Then I went to the market and thought I'd try out a little small talk, with mixed results, but I ended up with a ton of stuff, including some bedding plants, sweetpeas of course, a v-pud and a small jar of courgette salsa made about three streets away! To round off my morning I went into the recently re-opened cafe in Ashton Gardens, treated myself to tea and toast and read The Desire Map on my Kindle. If anyone's in the area I give this cafe the thumbs up, it's a cute building, with very nice staff and amazing looking cakes! 

A pair of summer trousers continue to evade me but I'm confident something will turn up soon. Or it won't and everything will still be OK. 

10 comments:

  1. That sounds like a really lovely day, just pottering about and doing whatever takes your fancy - my sort of day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was nice. Just having a couple of quid for a cup of tea and to pick up some nice things from the market makes a huge difference.

      Delete
  2. I bet you're glad you ventured out. I've been in the cafe before - great spot. If it's been re-opened I'll have to have a little venture out myself.
    Love from Mum
    xx
    PS I've arranged an outing to Illuminasia with some friends. We may pass each other if you're there on the same day! I'll be the one with the flip flops on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'll be the one with the red mac!

      The cafe looks pretty much same but has a very different feel, less serious than before. There's also lots of artwork around and about which is worth a look too.

      Delete
  3. I feel the need a day out like that very soon. You've inspired me to try to get myself out and about a bit more, do things I wouldn't normally do and go to places I wouldn't normally go. It's too easy for me to get into a bit of a rut sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really easy to get into a rut, even when you're doing things you enjoy.

      I love being around the house, quilting and increasingly being in the garden, but it's so important for me to get out and about too.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely break from the norm, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have been the Ashton gardens café and they do the most delicious hot chocolate. It's to die for.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, that sound like something I might like, thanks for the tip.

      Delete