Tuesday, 20 May 2014

All This AND Nice Nails?

Can you have it all? Or do interests have to clash somewhere down the line?

In my case my unyucking and life audit seems to be hitting a problem where they collide with "doing stuff". Sewing, cleaning, painting, primping, handwashing (even with gloves), digging, planting, watering, generally messing about in the garden (even with gloves), messing about with rabbits, cooking, dealing with charity shop stuff... that's a lot of stuff and a lot of handwashing. 

My nails have taken a hit. I've always had old lady hands, they're certainly not my best physical feature, but my nails have always been not too bad. At the minute they're breaking, having needles stuck into then, peeling, being full of soil and generally taking a hammering. Maybe I should wear a pair of white gloves, like a lady or a butler, all the time so they're just never visible.

7 comments:

  1. I too have this problem - and why is it you look down one day and realise 9 fingers have reasonable length nails, and the tenth has broken off? Do you then trim all the others short to match?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I have taken to making them all the same length - something that doesn't really add to a nice look I don't think...

      Delete
    2. Does that make sense? Probably not.

      Delete
  2. I have to wear my marigolds for everything - washing, cleaning, gardening and even decorating - I have a selection of different thicknesses depending on the task. It is not to protect my nails but the skin on my hands goes really dry in water. Problem nails seems to be the price to pay for doing all that cleaning and gardening, still you can sit and admire your lovely clean, painted house and tidy garden rather than your nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get funny skin on my hands too, Dan goes crazy if I ever do the washing up. I like your point about being able to admire my handiwork rather than my hands though, I'll keep it in mind.

      Delete
  3. After hard toil, when I have completely finished I use cream, not hand cream, but the expensive face cream I use, it works like wonder, I often as I am going to bed do my face and have extra for my hands, it's works better than hand cream. i don't have perfect hands, but I am sure they are better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, thanks, that's given me an idea. When I bought my fancy shower stuff I received loads of free samples, some are a bit rich for my face so I can try them on my hands.

      We went into one of the fancy shops in Lytham today and I made use of a free sample of cuticle cream, it was gorgeous!

      Delete