Tuesday, 29 April 2014

watching elegant lady

I spoke to Elegant Lady this week
Actually, I really inconvenienced her but no need to dwell on that. I put her things in the nicest bag we had to make up for it, it did not go unnoticed.

So what did I learn? She just looks "on the off chance". She sticks to neutrals for shoes (mainly) trousers and coats/jackets. She does use colour but limits it per outfit and always accessorises. They can be statement pieces but they coordinate with one or more items she's already wearing.

7 comments:

  1. this reminds me of one of my favourite films, Working Girl when Tess McGill (Melanie Griffiths) studies Sigourney Weaver character, Katherine Parker,"Dress shabbily, they notice the dress. Dress impeccably, they notice the woman - Coco Chanel!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that! You are so wise.

      I published this post by accident but there you go, that's what typing and cooking at the same time does for me.

      Delete
  2. Some people just have it don't they, effortless elegance. Not me. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, I must have missed that lesson at school. I think it was the same one where they taught people to walk in high heeled shoes too!

      Delete
    2. I was one of those people with absolutely no idea of style. But then a few years ago I became good friends with a woman who always seems effortlessly perfect and I asked her on a shopping trip with me and for some tips and it helped so much. Even age seems to have helped... I am finally over the Disney tshirts and casual looks

      Delete
  3. I lately found some article that suggested checking 'your colours' in order to manage to look better with less clothes and hassle... I plan on trying out this when I am next shopping for clothes (and in my own wardrobe). Will send you a link to the test when I find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gisele. Ages ago some of the people I worked with went away for a day of colour analysis, they seemed really pleased with the results.

      Delete