Tuesday, 22 April 2014

The Red Coat

Two more things then I think my wardrobe is probably full as this weekend I ticked something off the list. 

Last year I decided I wanted a mac. A mac seemed like an easy way to get the slightly smarter look I'm after without any fuss. I have tried on many, many macs none of them were quite right. I won't go into the many and varied reasons why they weren't right, you name it and I hit the problem.

This weekend we weren't supposed to be shopping, other than for a gift for Father but I found myself in Debenhams searching for the facilities. We found ourselves in the old lady section of the store, the classic section and I found one. I normally wouldn't want to think that I fall into the category of wearing old lady clothes but hey, who cares!

I think this one item has done more for my wardrobe than anything else - it's long enough to cover me up if it's a bit wet/cold/windy but it's not my tramping about in the wilderness coat. It's not woolly like my other coats so I can wear it when it's not cold but not hot. It's also bright red and provides a home for the pewter whale brooch Dan gave me for our anniversary last week. No photo, it's like the night here, I took a picture but it looked pink and glittery - far more exciting than the reality. Less exciting is just what I was after. 

The remaining two items are a pair of kind of smart shoes, I don't own any and would like some for "work", funerals and other such occasions. Finally a smart top, there are an increasing amount of family occasions for which I am always dressed in too casual a fashion. These items also need to be unexciting, that's why it's so hard to look for them. 

Easter Rugby League roundup. Friday did not go well, Widnes were away at local rivals Warrington. It was enough to turn someone to drink or Easter eggs, watching a 44-6 defeat. Do we miss Joe Mellor? Well, I do. Yesterday we were at home to St Helens. Saints rested a fair few of their first team due to a massive game in the cup against Leeds Rhinos next weekend. Widnes came out on top 40-26. People can say what they like, as the old phrase goes you can only beat what's put in front of you. It was great to see the return of Grant Gore who had been out with a broken knee cap since the away game against Warrington last season. He did well, hats off to you Grant. 



8 comments:

  1. The red mac sounds lovely. A great addition to your wardrobe. Good luck finding the other things you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep a list in my purse of things I need to top up my wardrobe, and whenever I'm charity shopping I remind myself before I go in, in the hope I'll stick to my list... I never do, I'm hopeless!

    I'm a mac fan too. Covers a multitude of sins and always looks smart. Enjoy! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A list is a great idea. I saw four things at the charity shop today but I hadn't taken any cash. I may go back tomorrow.

      I was glad of my mac today, it rained on the way home but I remained nice and dry!

      Delete
  3. A red mac - that sounds perfect. I love the colour red, it just brightens you up by looking at it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too keep meaning to buy a Mac, seems to me a very versatile piece of clothing. It's on a very long list of 'to buys' though so it will only make it to my wardrobe once I find that perfect one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wouldn't believe how many I've tried on before buying this one.

      Delete