Wednesday, 2 April 2014

Proper March Round Up



Apparently being tired has rendered me unable to think and write at the same time so yesterday I think I said even less than usual. I just can't sleep, I'm reaching zombie state I think. 

Anyway. I did achieve some things in March, we spent a lot of money with booking the hotel for the wedding, having the car serviced and the slight hangover from having the roof repaired. So we didn't save much. There were other successes though. 

Despite it going a bit awry I attempted some new recipes, most of which will make a repeat appearance on the menu at some point - I don't believe we need to relive any of that, it felt like I talked of nothing else for about three weeks! I made a scarf, a bag and a necklace, I decided to save up for a sewing machine. I sorted out my wardrobe and have a realistic idea of things I would like to have for the warmer weather, it's not as much as I thought.

I don't follow any of the 365 day or one-a-week challenges but I do read and gain inspiration from plenty of them so that's to Dreamer, Mum, Angela, Ann, wherethejourneytakes me and others I have cleaned and tidied the toiletries and airing cupboard, organised the craft cupboard, made some accessories (as mentioned), said goodbye to a huge stack of magazines, done a couple of little cleaning tasks I've been avoiding, made some bread and spent time clearing up in the garden, went to a new place, did a jigsaw and rejigged the rabbit pen. 

Finally thanks to those no make up selfies from the other week I got rid of virtually all of my make up, not that I had too much of the stuff anyway. 

putting my exercise mats to good use


I am still nowhere near finishing the kitchen cabinet. I've hit the part the previous owner clearly started with. This area is sanded and the paint has been applied well, so it's very difficult to remove, I prefer the areas where they didn't take as much care. It will happen, eventually, then I will have a new tv unit - something to do, something pretty, something useful. Win win win. 

the legs are looking good at least!

4 comments:

  1. You sound like you've had a very busy month and achieved a lot. I felt really tired yesterday. I even went to bed for an hour as I couldn't keep my eyes open. I'm putting it down to the busy weekend and clock change. That's my excuse anyway and I'm sticking to it. Your renovation project looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few people have mentioned the clock change has thrown their sleeping patterns out. Hope it's short lived.

      The renovation project is turning into a interesting one. I have a horrible feeling I'm going to end up painting it, even though I'd rather have the bare wood. Love the shape so it should look good either way.

      Delete
  2. Wow you have been busy I expect you can sit back and put your feet up now with a cup of tea! I like your little cabinet - I have my mums old basket weave chair to attempt sometime but there is conflicting advice on You Tube - some say paint with a brush others only spray - so in my dithering state I am doing nothing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was it was all relaxing and endless pots of tea, sadly it's a case of the more I do the more I notice needs doing. Ha!

      Hmmm, I can see why you're in two minds with the chair. I think some people would say spray as it's easier to get into the nooks and crannies. Others a brush as you've a bit more control. As long as you approach it with confidence I'm sure it will look fine.

      Delete