Monday, 28 April 2014

Charity Shops and Freebies


I chopped the bottom of the Hobbs skirt off the picture, but it was chucking it down with rain!
I think the fact I've bought more from charity shops this week than ever before must be due, in part at least, to the fact I'm now happy working at my shop. Between the two of us, this week we've spent a whopping £30.96 in various charity shops! Here's what we bought -

£19.97 3 skirts (2 Boden, 1 Hobbs)
£ 2.00 cd
£ 3.00 gift for my brother
£ 2.00 shrug
£ 3.99 knitted top (Jigsaw)

That's a lot of shopping but it's a lot of stuff of the needs/wants list too. the gift we bought for my brother went down exceptionally well, so it was well worth the money. 

some edible, some decorative
We went out for lunch yesterday to celebrate two birthdays, Father and my brother. It was noisy (apologies to everyone else in the place) and a little chaotic but it seemed to go well. As well as a free meal we also came home with some plants. We forgot to bring home the planter of veg Father had made up for us and a big pot of verbena, but we did remember a couple of beans and some spring onions. There's also a couple of heuchera, some aquilegia and marguerite, ideal for filling in the gaps in the borders and adding a bit much needed height.

No prizes for guessing what I have to do today.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck getting your plants in. Love the skirts. Great buys and definitely worth the money, especially when they can be 5 or 10 times as much new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I dealt with most of the plants this morning, I just need some canes for the beans then that's that for now. I finally got round to splitting and potting up a supermarket basil too so that should last a while.

      the more I see the skirts the more I like them, they're a good addition to my pretty small wardrobe.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I think the phrase "strike while the iron's hot" was in my mind!

      Delete