Friday, 14 March 2014

Weekends

the ogre
There is no mention of cooking today!

This is nothing to do with anything, or it's about loving life, maybe both. I know anyone not having to work at the weekend says they love weekends but these days I really do enjoy them. In the past I've not been all that bothered, a week was just a week, the weekend was fun but it was also hectic and involved squeezing too much in to too little time. Just recently though I've really started to get a lot from them. It's not all about lazing around, I can do enough of that during the week. We don't have a lie in or anything special for breakfast and we don't always have a day out, but they're just special. 

It's all a part of our stripping things back and looking at what we want to do rather than what we think we should do. OK, sometimes we need to go off somewhere to buy socks, sometimes we "need" to watch Widnes but even things as fraught with danger as that can be fun if we structure the day well - like visiting Southport to play on the outdoor gym, or going to St Helens to have a look at Dream. Small no-cost tweaks. This may seem pretty obvious to a lot of folk but it takes time for us to slow down when we spend so much time with stress heads who are on the go all the time. It's the kind of stress you don't notice until the energy source has gone. 

Last week we had a chat that lead to a long walk that lead to have tea and a hot cross bun in a cafe we'd never been to before near the beach, which lead to planning for future free time which lead to gardening which lead to more tea. And it was all inspired by the Ogre.

6 comments:

  1. They are really going to town to promote the beach and promenade at Cleveleys, aren't they? The sculpture looks superb.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like what they've done. It was the first time we'd been down to the Ogre himself, we'd seen the shell and things before. I love the big paddle!

      We went to the little round cafe just near there on the prom, very nice.

      Delete
  2. Our nearest beach is two hours away. We often look for little villages and towns to visit though. I've found some lovely little shops and cafés that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love doing that, especially when a little gem shows up and you wonder why you've never heard of it before.

      Delete
  3. I have never been to the sea I live deep in Northern Canada surrounded by fresh Great Lakes but through your photos I will travel,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy the coastal blogs you visit. I think anywhere near water is very special. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete