Wednesday, 12 February 2014

Focus

While I'm not officially following Dreamer's 52 projects plan, the idea of it has been swimming round in my mind and a few unfinished or long forgotten plans are in my thoughts - especially where the garden is concerned. Plus the rest of this month and next are going to be fairly subdued as we stumped up the best part of £600 on Dan's new glasses and suit over the weekend. It will impact on the savings but needs must. 

my beautiful assistant and very dirty window frame

Three years ago or so I decided I wanted to do something creative, to make a seasidey thing. I started what I thought was going to be a wallhanging for the bedroom. However, it all went horribly wrong and after months of work I realised that the painting I'd done had ruined the stitching so it was, in the current form, unusable. So two years later it's still in a cupboard waiting for me to chop it up and frame the small bits. 


pound coin for scale!

a shell or a stone

the tide line

Inspired by this post from modflowers I decided I wanted to do a bit of embroidery, so I went to the library yesterday to look for something to help me. I haven't done any embroidery since I was at college, 20 years ago so I need some help to remember the stitches. I've started a small sampler. It's amazing how much concentration it's taking and I'm finding it very hard to be so neat. Whatever I'd normally do, I'm doing the opposite and having to concentrate is certainly that (I haven't made enough progress to take a picture!). 

6 comments:

  1. Love the embroidery - I am sure that whatever you do with your pieces will be lovely. Do show us the progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will keep you informed. It's looking like I'll have to renew the library book to learn more than a couple of stitches.

      Delete
  2. Your embroidery looks really good, I the shells and the tide line. Looks a bit tricky though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have more patience than me :)
    I have a friend who does brazilian embroidery, it's sort of 3D and really effective, she has a lot of patience too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, that sounds exciting, I'll look it up. I'm not sure I have the patience at the minute, I could throw it across the room today!

      Delete