Friday, 14 February 2014

February Shopping Week Two

thank you very much
It turns out I'd built up enough cash to receive a voucher, so that's £5 to go into savings. Of course last week I spent £41 not £51, got a bit cash happy when writing! Week two (7th - 13th) seemed very strange as all the stuff was bought in dribs and drabs. By Wednesday we were running out of lunch stuff, thankfully Dan was at an event in Hull where lunch was provided. 

I ended up making some bread from a mix I bought at Aldi the other week. I don't enjoy making bread so I'm not sure why I bought it, but I'm glad I did as it was a lifesaver. So that helped me get through Wednesday. By Thursday we were out of milk, bread, sandwich filling, tomatoes and all the other fall back foods. So I made some pasties with mince and veg, they were ok, nothing more than that but they filled the gap and I didn't have to nip to the shop so it was a win-win. 

£10.27 fruit and veg lettuce, tomatoes, broccoli, apples, pakchoi, melon
£ 0.00 bread
£ 2.72 dairy and non-dairy
£ 2.10 lentils and things falafel
£ . 69 pantry coconut milk
£ 5.95 non-food toothpaste x2, deodorant x2, mouthwash x2
£ 3.05 junk crisps, chocolate, ice bun

Week Total £24.78


Running Total £66.12

2 comments:

  1. My friend in Giggleswick has a Booths store - how lucky you both are it is such a good store. We ran out of basics here too and on that wild windy night, I ended up having to go to Sainsbury's when all I wanted to do was come home and get warm. It's great receiving vouchers by post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, it was an awful night.

      We are lucky to have such a great supermarket nearby. The one we go to, in Lytham, is home to the art gallery too.

      We should have one close to our house in the next little while as the old Premium Bonds site is to be developed *yay*.

      Delete