Tuesday, 4 February 2014

February Shopping Week One

First order of business this month was to get to the bank to replace the money I spent on the charity shop stuff last week. Dan has posted a cheque with our savings for this month, boosted by the Council Tax money, so that's an extra hundred and fifty odd quid without even having to think about it. There was £1.80 in my purse from last month so that went into the Q pot. I don't know how much we'll have in the sealed Q pot by the end of the year, I'd be delighted if it was anywhere close to £100 though. Not that I'm going to force it when there are so many other savings pots to be filled. 

I'm still feeling stodgy and yuck so I'm going to eat slightly differently in the morning and at lunch time, hopefully that will help. We went shopping on Monday this week and here's how it worked out. 

£14.95 f&v melon, kiwi fruit, bananas, tomatoes, cucumber, shallots, cauliflower, broccoli, leeks, red cabbage, carrots, mushrooms
£ 6.08 lentils and things chestnuts, veg mince, veg sausages
£14.02 pantry bay leaves, cayenne, passata, pasta, soy sauce, puff pastry, marigold powder, soba noodles
£ 4.53 dairy and non-dairy
£ 1.97 bread
£ 4.79 drinks tea
£ 5.00 non-food laundry liquid x2

Week one total £51.34

As I bought quite a lot of clothing at the end of last year I'm kind of having a no clothes buying year. I am very disappointed to be going through socks like there's no tomorrow. This is the downside to binge buying clothes, things tend to wear out at the same time. I guess buying socks and underwear maybe isn't quite the same as buying outerwear. I bought a pair of walking socks at the weekend, they were £4.99 so could have been cheaper, could have been dearer. I went for them as they are size 3-5.5 rather than the general size 4-8 which can wrinkle and rub when we're doing a longer walk. Hopefully they'll do the trick. 

2 comments:

  1. Ours council tax has gone to savings too.Two months worth will give them a nice boost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for nipping in. It's really good to be able to save it. We've planned to every year but it doesn't always work out that way.

      Delete